Jessica: Hi everyone! Today, we’re covering more of the awesomeness that came out of Origins this year! Below the cut, we’ll look at games about famous inventors, medieval Spain, and high fantasy, as well as the list of Origins Award winners! But to start with, one of our absolute favorite little-box area-control games is getting an expansion!
Gamelyn Games has announced their Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes’ Call Kickstarter. This expansion to Tiny Epic Kingdoms adds new territories, new mechanics, new factions, and more! The Kickstarter starts June 22.
Artana games was displaying their first production copies of Tesla vs. Edison, a game where you are an electric company mogul looking to dominate the world of electricity. You’ll need to hire workers, claim electric projects, buy and sell stock, and advance your technology to win the game.
Zman Games has announced the release date for the El Grande Big Box as November 2015. The 20th anniversary edition of El Grande comes with a double-sided game board and includes all previously published expansions
Stoneblade Entertainment is releasing Ascension Collector’s Edition Year 2 this November. The set will include the Storm of Souls & Immortal Heroes expansions. They are also bringing us Set 9 which it titled Ascension: Dreamscape. The expansion has some new mechanics and new card types to keep you on your toes.
Last up, the Origins Award Winners of 2015 have been announced! Congrats to all the winners!
- Best Board Game: Sheriff of Nottingham, Arcane Wonders, designed by: Sergio Halaban, Bryan Pope, Andre Zatz
- Fan Favorite: Dead of Winter, Plaid Hat Games, designed by: Jonathon Gilmour
- Best Card Game: Splendor-Asmodee, designed by: Marc Andre
- Fan Favorite: Star Realms, White Wizard Games, designed by Robert Dougherty, Darwin Kastle
- Best Children’s, Family, & Party Game: The Hare and the Tortoise-IELLO and Purple Brain Creations, designed by: Gary Kim
- Fan Favorite: Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension, Renegade Game Studios, designed by Corey Young
- Best Collectible Card Game: Magic: the Gathering Khans of Tarkir– Wizards of the Coast, designed by: Wizards of the Coast R&D
- Fan Favorite: The Spoils, The Spoils USA, designed by Ken Pilcher, Josh Lytle
- Best Game Accessory: Wings of Glory Mat-Ares Games, designed by: Ares Games
- Fan Favorite: Counter Ring, Crit Success, designed by Aaron Laniewicz
- Best Historical Board Game: Heroes of Normandie-IELLO and Devil Pig Games, designed by: Yann and Clem
- Fan Favorite: Heroes of Normandie-IELLO and Devil Pig Games, designed by: Yann and Clem
- Best Historical Miniature Figure/Line: Sails of Glory Series 2-Ares Games, designed by: Andrea Angiolino, Andrea Mainini
- Fan Favorite: Sails of Glory Series 2-Ares Games, designed by: Andrea Angiolino, Andrea Mainini
- Best Historical Miniature Rules: Sails of Glory-Ares Games, designed by: Andrea Angiolino, Andrea Mainini
- Fan Favorite: Sails of Glory-Ares Games, designed by: Andrea Angiolino, Andrea Mainini
- Best Historical Miniature Rules Supplements: Battleground Europe- Osprey Publishing/Warlord, designed by: Ryan Miller, Rick Priestley and Alessio Cavatore
- Fan Favorite: Flames of War: Barbarossa, Battlefront Miniatures, designed by: Battlefront Miniatures
- Best Miniature Figure Rules: Golem Arcana-Harebrained Schemes, designed by: Jordan Weisman, Mike Mulvihill, Brian Poel
- Fan Favorite: Marvel HeroClix: Guardians of the Galaxy Starter Set, Wizids, designed by: WizKids Games
There was so much happening at Origins I am sure we haven’t hit all of the exciting news that has come up. What was your favorite thing to come out of the convention this year? If you have any announcements we missed let me know!